Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Say it ain't so!


Today we had the Christ Lutheran 3rd graders visit us again this year. Being the school that my cousins children attend, I wanted to be out on the Farm to say "hello" to them.

You all know that one of my favorite things to do is to introduce the children to our chickens. Little Ricky, our Mille Fleur D'Uccle rooster is always a huge favorite with everyone. As I hand him to waiting arms of the children..patiently waiting in line, I like to educate them a little about chickens and the parts of their body. Many times I will point to the chicken's comb and ask, "Does anyone one know what this part of it's body is called. I have gotten many responses...His Mohawk! His Crown, His Brush..just to name a few.
Today I was told by a cute young girl, "I don't know what it is called--but it sure looks like my grandpa's skin!"

Well, I'm off to lotion myself...I might remind Hector to do the same.
Glenda

No comments: